Hi folks, I have come up with another article on Google’s BERT which is the importance of BERT in SEO, but my previous article on BERT was why you can’t optimize with BERT. So, I believe you have read the previous article but if you haven’t then I will start here with the basics. Just keep reading the article until the end.
Concept of Google’s BERT
This year in the month of October, Google introduced the BERT update to its search engine ranking system. BERT is the biggest algorithm update that stands for Bidirectional Encoder Representations from Transformers. BERT is a deep learning algorithm related to natural language processing. It is a form of AI (Artificial Intelligence) that allows Google to better understand the relationships between elements of language in a search engine.
What Google has to say about this update
According to Google, this update will affect complicated search queries that depend on context. Let’s see what Google said:
“These improvements are oriented around improving language understanding, particularly for more natural language/conversational queries, as BERT is able to help Search better understand the nuance and context of words in Searches and better match those queries with helpful results. Particularly for longer, more conversational queries or searches where prepositions like “for” and “to” matter a lot to the meaning, Search will be able to understand the context of the words in your query. You can search in a way that feels natural for you.”
Importance of Google BERT in SEO
Below are some points on the significance of BERT that will help you understand it is useful in SEO. Let’s read them below:
- Google’s BERT update improves how Google understands search queries. BERT analyzes search queries, not web pages.
- BERT provides a facility to Google for understanding better what exactly users are looking for and provide more relevant search results and featured snippets.
- BERT has the ability to interpret the appropriate meaning of a word by looking at the words that come before and after. This leads to a better understanding of queries.
- The significant of BERT lies in its clear understanding of your query and to provide you with relevant results.
- BERT will impact 1 in 10 of all search queries. This is the biggest change in search since Google released Rank Brain.
- It helps a machine to understand what words in a sentence mean with all the nuances present in the context.
BERT in a nutshell
Google is altering its natural processing algorithm to pay more attention to the order and the context of the words used in online searches. According to a lot of SEOs, “you can’t optimize for BERT, because it’s machine learning”. However, BERT doesn’t impact the fundamentals of on-page SEO, but it can subtly change the ideal content strategy and this is how you do on-page optimization. BERT will also reward content that addresses a topic thoroughly.
This is all about BERT. Get in touch with us for more updates.