Link building is an important aspect for every business owner. Everyone in the online market started focusing on link building. This is the reason that many websites started using spamming links to get a higher ranking in the Search Engine Result Pages (SERP) on Google. So, when Google got to know about this spamming links then it planned to take some action against these spammers. Hence, Google introduced a new attribute called “No Follow” links to strict these spammers.
Therefore, in this article, I will talk about “No Follow” links and its Pros and Cons.
So, let’s get started.
What is No Follow links?
No follow links are the unknown links which are not counted or followed in defining the rank of the site in search engine result pages on Google. These links have no influence on your search rankings, SEO or link juice. These links are basically an HTML attribute value which is used to instruct search engines bots that a hyperlink should not influence the link target’s ranking in the search engine’s index.
However, the interesting thing is about No Follow link is that there are some popular websites which only includes No Follow links. These websites are Twitter, Wikipedia, and YouTube. These links originally developed to combat spams and threats.
Let’s talk about the pros and cons of No Follow links.
The Pros of No Follow links
Following are the Pros of No-follow links below:
- No Follow links help you support your arguments, provides useful recommendations, and share the content you like.
- These links will help you boost your site thereby you can get maximum profit from them. No Follow links lead to engagement and mutual profit.
- If any site uses No Follow links then Google cannot penalize any site for linking too much.
- No Follow links also help you know whether the content in the comment box is spam or nor. It helps you spam-fighting.
- No Follow links add up to your website’s authority as they become really an important part of search engine optimization strategy.
- These links help you generate leads, conversions and increase brand awareness.
- No Follow links can be used for Press Release. As press release get abused again and again. That’s why most news sites started using no-follow links.
- It discourages spammers from targeting your blog or content.
- Help you preserve link juice as in turn you get a higher page rank.
The Cons of No Follow links
Following are the Cons of No Follow links below:
- You get fewer comments even if your content or blog stuff is great.
- Visitors might not share your contents because of No Follow attribute.
- You keep other bloggers stay away from your site because of No Follow attributes on your external links.
After reading about No Follow link and its pros and cons, I am sure now you know what importance No Follow links carry with them. These links help you to get your brand in front of the right audience. And this is how No Follow links help you to generate traffic to your site.
As you can see above that No Follow links have more pros than cons, so you can surely think of incorporating No Follow links to your website. However, you need to keep one thing in mind is that No Follow links operate on a lower scale, but can help you build your brand awareness. To take advantage of NO Follow links, make sure your links always lead to quality contents.
If you also want to present your brand in front of right audience or looking for any kind of digital marketing services then you are at right place. Kindly get in touch with us for more updates.