One of the most asked question in online marketing is “what is bounce rate?” Understanding the concept of bounce rate is important as it directly impacts your website. So, what exactly bounce rate is? How harmful is for online marketers? And how to prevent from it? Well, I will make you understand these questions one by one. First let’s start with…
What bounce rate is?
In simple words, bounce rate is the percentage of your visitors that leave your site immediately without taking any action such as clicking on a link, filing out a form, or making a purchase. Having a high number of bounce rates to your website is not good.
Why do people bounce? What’s the reason?
Before you know how to prevent bounce rate from your website, it’s important to know the reason behind it. The common reasons behind bounce rate include:
- – Page didn’t meet people’s expectations
- – Website takes more time in loading
- – Ugly and unresponsive website design
- – Visitors experiencing bad user experience (UX)
- – Irrelevant, uninformative, and less engaging content
And many more to add in the list.
Let’s now talk about what you can do to improve your bounce rate.
Follow the given tips to improve bounce rate from your website
- First off, improve the speed of your website. The faster it will open the more traffic it will generate. Website having fast attains more customers to the site. You can use PageSpeed insight tool.
- Make sure to add an attractive design or template to your website. It will help you attract more visitors to your website. An attractive website design will help you attract more visitors to your site and ultimately brings you more conversion rate.
- A website completes when you add relevant and quality content and images. Having irrelevant and hazy images to website restrict visitors to move to other pages of the site.
- Don’t forget to make your site easy to navigate. It helps people to know what your site is all about.
- Also, add sitemap page to your website. A sitemap helps visitors to know what all content are there in your website.
The bottom line
After reading the concept of bounce rate, why do people bounce, and how you can prevent it, I hope everything is clear to you. Don’t let bounce rate destroy your website performance. If you see high bounce rate to your website, just follow the above mentioned tips. I hope this answer helped you.