Before run Facebook ad campaign you need to understand the fundamentals of Facebook advertising. This will help you to save money, time and also you will do less mistakes. At first you must have plan of action before investing single penny. To see consistent results, identify where in your sales funnel you can leverage Facebook ads. Answer these four questions to help define your strategy:
- What’s your objective for Facebook advertising? For example, do you want to generate new leads for your business, sales for your e-commerce store, or subscribers to your blog?
- Do you have consistent website traffic?
- Do you have an active email list?
- Can you create unique content about your business/industry?
After getting answers of these questions you have to look at three Facebook advertising strategies.
1. Choose a Campaign Objective Based on Your Goal: The structure of a Facebook advertising campaign consists of three levels: a campaign, an ad set, and an ad. The first level, the campaign, is the basis of your ad. You choose your objective, which is the action you want people to take when they see your ads. Facebook has three objective categories: Awareness, Consideration, and Conversion. If your goal is to generate sales for your e-commerce business, for example, you could offer people 10% off of their first order to entice them to make a purchase.
2. Build Your Ideal Custom Audience: This specifies how your ad will run. Targeting is one of the most important elements of your campaign and it can make or break performance. Let’s look at three ways to define your audience. The easiest way to target your audience is to use the demographic and interest options. This approach is generally used to target new people who haven’t previously interacted with your business. Here you’ll choose demographic constraints such as location, age, gender, and language. In the Detailed Targeting section, you can narrow your audience by choosing from thousands of interests, behaviors, demographics, and more. You can also target your customer on the basis of financial variable such as income level and a purchase behavior such as premium brand buyers.
3. Build and Test Your Ad Creative: The last stage of the campaign structure is creativeness. Your ad is what your customers or audience will see. This is where you choose your ad format and creative including images, videos, news feed text, URLs, display link text, and a call-to-action button. You can add more creativeness to choose from five different ad formats like carousel, single image, single video, slideshow, and canvas.