Keyword research is the process of finding and analyzing actual search terms that people enter into search engines. Keyword research tells you what topics people care about and, assuming you use the right SEO tool, how popular those topics actually are among your audience. User intent is now one of the most pivotal factors in your ability to rank well on search engines like Google.
It’s easy to take keywords for face value, and unfortunately, keywords can have many different meanings beneath the surface. Because the intent behind a search is so important to your ranking potential. To verify what a user’s intent is in a keyword, it’s a good idea to simply enter this keyword into a search engine yourself, and see what types of results come up. I am going to share list of terms you should be targeting for keyword research.
- Make a list of important and relevant topics base on your business.
- Identify keywords related to those keywords.
- Enter this keyword into a search engine yourself, and see what types of results come up
- Check for a long term keyword for every topics
- Check how competitors are ranking for these keywords.
- Use Google AdWord keyword planner to get the short list of right keywords.
Now you are done Google Trends can help you determine which terms are trending upward, and are thus worth more of your focus.