Google rich snippets also called “rich results” extract information from your website to display on your site’s listing in the search results, in addition to the typical page title, page URL, and meta description. There are some ways to create rich snippets but this process won’t guarantee that you’ll get a rich snippet. But giving these details special treatment can dramatically increase your chances of enhancing the appearance of your search result and, in turn, the traffic you get from it.
- Identify which details you want Google to focus on.
- Define your webpage using Google’s Structured Data Markup Helper.
- Create microdata for your webpage using your selected data type.
- Create new HTML from this microdata.
- Tag your content with this microdata.
- Test your rich snippet and be patient.