In order to improve your Instagram marketing, you need to increase your followers. The more people that come in contact with your brand and follow you on Instagram, the larger your audience is that you can potentially reach every time you post. For marketing with Instagram you need to follow some steps.
- Use free Instagram tools: Instagram just started to roll out business profiles, which heavily mirrors Facebook’s business profiles, complete with a huge “contact’ call-to-action, allowing users to email, call or text the business. If you use your Instagram account for your business, you might want to consider converting your personal profile to a business profile in order to take advantage of these options.
- Promote Instagram post with other social media: Post across all over your other social media profiles like Facebook, Twitter,LinkedIn, etc. and invite them to follow your Instagram profile. They are already following you on social media, so they are obviously interested in what you offer, so give them another way to socially connect to your brand.
- Don’t post so frequently: You want to post often enough that your brand stays relevant, but at the same time you don’t want to post so frequently that you overwhelm your followers and they end up unfollowing your account because they feel you are constantly in their face.
- Create an interactive hashtag: A very simple strategy I have used for some of the larger brands I consult for is creating a hashtag that customers use to tag photos of them with the product that they just purchased.
- Use creativity to connect with your audience: Being creative with your images is a great way to connect with your followers — it’s much more effective than posts that look like straight up advertisements. Without the creative angle nobody will follow your account.