Getting traffic to your website is not enough, it’s almost useless. Website visitors are relatively meaningless unless they take some sort of action, like buy a product, sign up for your email list or reach out through your contact form. In this answer I am going to outline some proven strategies for getting your visitors to take action.
- Have a call to action (CTA) on every page: A meaningful, well-placed CTA can drastically improve your website conversions. CTA is a tool calling people to action. Usually in the form of a button or a link, CTAs are used to convert visitors into leads, prompting them to take a specific action.
- Test videos in addition to images: According to a research video ads can increase purchase intentby 97% and brand association by 139%. This isn’t to say images don’t convert, but that videos might convert better.
- Use Testimonials and reviews: Testimonials reduce risk and provide social proof. Reviews and testimonials encourage website visitors to make a move, and up goes your conversion rate. Use them on product landing pages as well as on your email opt-in landing page.
- Mobile-friendly website: The number of mobile phone internet usersissteadily increasing. In 2018, that number jumped to 262.4 million. This year is projected to come in at 269.6 million people. Your website needs to be optimized for mobile to get the higher conversion.
- Include ‘thank you’ pages: If a website visitor lands on a “thank you” page, that means they’ve already converted somehow. You can leverage this even more by offering yet another CTA on the “thank you” page.
There are many more ways you can include here to increase conversion rate. For this your website must have chat option, multiple payment option, high quality images etc.