Digital marketing includes all online marketing activities. However, it might include some offline activities, too.
Here are the main category of digital marketing you should consider in your marketing strategy.
- Content Marketing: Some example of content marketing include blog posts, videos, podcasts, infographics, white papers, case studies, ebooks.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): It is the process of getting quality traffic from free, or organic, search results on the search engines. SEO technique includes researching relevant keywords and including them into your website copy, optimizing your website titles, description and loading speed, building relevant backlinks.
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM): It is a form of digital marketing that aims at increasing the visibility of a website in search engines by using paid methods.
- Social Media Marketing (SMM): It refers to the process of using social media platforms to attract traffic and attention. With the help of social media you can increase exposure and build meaningful relationships with your customers.
- Pay-Per-Click Advertising (PPC): Pay-per-click, also known as cost per click, is an internet advertising model used to drive traffic to websites, in which an advertiser pays a publisher when the ad is clicked.
- Affiliate Marketing: It is a type of performance-based marketing in which a business rewards one or more affiliates for each visitor or customer brought by the their efforts or marketing strategy.
- E-mail Marketing: In this you can use of email for promoting one’s products or services. Ideally emails you send out to your clients will encourage meaningful interaction with your brand.
- Instant Messaging Marketing: It is a latest communication trend. WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger and WeChat comes under it.
There are more types of digital marketing but above I mentioned some important category of digital marketing which is highly effective.